Saturday, September 05, 2009

A day in John's life

Another routine Sunday, it was
John woke up, almost unwilling
dragging himself out of the bed
he made another new beginning

First was his wife to meet
Dearly, her love she showed
John didn't notice the smile
nor the tears that followed

Then it was the kid's turn
Who dropped his cup of tea
Twice, the kid was slapped
and made to bend on knee

Off to work, John left
His heart sick with loath
Damned duty needed him
He had taken the oath

A cat crossed his path
and thus earned its curse
Anguished John moved on
expecting day to be worse

Little further, he stopped again
A trunk blocked his way
It got kicked at first
Then was thrown away

Reaching office, he hurried
Quickly wore his gown
Many clients were waiting
Almost half the town

He entered his wooden cabin
Sat behind the grilled pane
Then dawned a peaceful smile
One that looked mundane

The first one to approach
Sought peace as his goal
He knelt before John
And prayed for his soul

Father John..., he cried
Show me the way.
In tears, passes my night
In pain, I spend my day


My mind is suffering
My heart is lonely
Is there anyway
You can help me

From god's book, John cited -
Child, pain is what you endure
Hatred is your illness
And love the only cure

No comments: